Monday, August 6, 2012

Recipe of the Week #2

A Stay at Home Mom who Blogs must share recipes, yes? Who am I to buck the stereotype!?! Society dictates and I obey.


A Cup of Coffee

I have been drinking coffee since I was 11. It started out with me sneaking the cold remains of my grandmother's coffee after breakfast and blossomed into a full blow obsession (or addiction). Black, cream, skim milk, sugar, artificial sweeteners, flavored syrup- I am a coffee slut. I will try anything once. And frankly, it's all good. Just depends on my mood.




Secret Family Recipe for SPJ's Morning Cup of Coffee:
serves 2 adults who have a 1.5 year old child
1 Tea Cup
8 heaping tablespoons of mid-priced Coffee (currently in love with Trader Joe's Medium Roast Joe Coffee)
8 cups of Water
Whole Milk
2 teaspoons Sugar
Cheap Ass No Frills Mr. Coffee Coffee Maker
Coffee Filter


Put Filter in Cheap Ass Coffee Maker
Add Water and Coffee to appropriate vessels in Cheap Ass Coffee Maker
Hit Start
In fill Tea Cup 1/8 full with Milk and stir in 2 tsp of Sugar
When Coffee is finished brewing, pour into Tea Cup and stir again.
Drink Coffee
When you have 1/2 tea cup of coffee left, add more brewed coffee. DO NOT ADD MORE MILK OR SUGAR!
Repeat until coffee is black and both coffee pot and cup are empty.

A great way to wade into your coffee addiction for the day. Smaller Tea Cup size allows for the best of all worlds-  Cream & Sugar to ease you gently from cozy sleep into the hard core "get to WORK" Black coffee that fuels you...

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment