Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Life in Play Form- #1

My Life- A Sam Shepard Prequel
(In the interest of full disclosure, I revamped this from a Facebook status I posted earlier. Look, I have 2 kids under 3, starting a new job in 2 weeks and I don't sleep. And I'm still trying to start blogging again? Cut me some slack. Baby steps.)


Time: The Present
Place: My Living Room, a few hours ago...

Mother: Please stop poking your brother with that flag.
Son: It's a TINY flag.
Mother: Fine. Stop poking him with the tiny flag.
Son: But he likes it! He's laughing!
(Baby is indeed laughing at being poked with flag)
Mother: I don't care. I told you to stop. You need to...
(A wail is heard)
Son: MAMA! MAMA! Baby Brother is spitting up on my tiny flag!! MAKE HIM STOP!
(Ineffectual Mother Figure takes flag and puts a show about baby woodland animals on the computer. Wailing abruptly stops.The mother & son begin to identify baby animals)
Mother: What is that?
Son: A baby owl.
Mother: That's right! What's that?
Son: A baby chipmunk.
Mother: Yes! Excellent. And that?
Son: A baby moose
Mother: Close. That is a deer.

Son: No Mama. That is a moose. A tiny moose. And me, my tiny moose, and my tiny flag are all going to live in the woods together one day. With Baby Brother. But not you.
 

And....Scene.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to use this script. Your words are seen, SPJ - keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete