Sunday, November 4, 2012

Experiments in Parenting- A Photo Essay

As the mother of an 18 month old child, I find that a large portion of my day is spent "redirecting" him- "Let's play with this age appropriate toy, rather than Daddy's electric shaver" or "Let's eat these blueberries, rather than the dog food".

This. Is. Exhausting.

As an experiment, I decided to spend one afternoon just saying "Yes". Please do not call DCFS- I kept a careful eye and still redirected him away from anything that could cause him lasting physical harm, but for the most part, I just went with the flow.

We both had a blast.
It. Was. STILL. Exhausting.
But gosh was it fun.

Below is a photo essay this grand experiment.***









***Eating Pasta Out of a Plastic Bag does not recommend you try this experiment at home unless you have little to no attachment to most material objects and  a tenuous grasp on sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment