Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25- Adventures in Gardening

http://ferncreekdesign.org/organicveggarden.html
As an over-educated stay-at-home mom, I of course figured I would grow my own produce and live off the land. What a delightfully socially responsible way to save money and encourage a sustainable lifestyle! The above photo is my theoretical garden. I mean I would look great in that hat, right? Below the delicious, organically gown produce my son and I would harvest in the beautiful summer sun...

Photos by Stephanie Yao, Bob Ellis and Rob Finch


My current reality?


 Garden plots full of weeds. FYI weeding is 1) HOT 2) HARD WORK and weeds GROW BACK! My fantasy involved a montage of weeding that lasted about 2 minutes set to Simon & Garfunkle or maybe Joni Mitchell and then BOOM- GARDEN! "Phew that was hard work, but so worth it because look at this beautiful garden.."   The weeds did not grow back in my montage. Also my montage was a lot less boring than the actual f'ing weeding. Also, look...
 My one and only Basil plant is already dying after 4 days and one pasta recipe.

Sometimes Reality blows.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment